In this Policy, we describe how we collect, use, and disclose information that we obtain about users of our Services, which are available via the Website and/or App.
By accessing our Services, you agree that we can collect, transfer, store, disclose and use your information as described in this Policy. This Policy applies to information we collect (i) on or through your use of the Services; (ii) in email and other electronic messages between you and Gizer; and (iii) through any mobile and desktop applications you use in connection with the Services.
This Policy does not apply to information you provide to or is collected by any third party whether through or in connection with your use of the Services or otherwise, including through any third-party application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services. You agree and acknowledge that Gizer has no duty or responsibility to maintain and safeguard any information you may provide to, or is collected by, any third party whether through or in connection with your use of the Services or otherwise.
This Policy is incorporated by reference into our Terms of Service, located on the Website.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not access or use the Services. By accessing or using the Services, you agree to this Policy.
Children Under the Age of 13
Gizer is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under age 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we will remove such information and terminate the child's account.
Information We Collect
We only collect information relevant to the purpose of our Services. This information allows us to provide you with a personalized, streamlined experience on Gizer. We collect several types of information from and about users of the Services, some of which is personally identifiable and some of which is non-identifying or aggregated, including information: (i) by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, and billing information including PayPal payment information (“personal information”); (ii) that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or (iii) about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Services and usage details.
We collect this information (i) directly from you when you provide it to us, (ii) automatically as you use the Services (which information may include usage details, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies), and (iii) from third parties (such as our business partners).
We do not verify the accuracy of information provided by any users, and we do not do background checks on users. You are solely responsible for verifying any information before relying on it and for determining the suitability of any information you obtain through the Services. We do not review or endorse the advice or content provided by any user. By using the Services, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for validating or vetting the expertise or qualification of any particular user and that we have no liability to you with respect to any content, communication, or advice provided through interactions with users that are facilitated through the Services. We specifically do not represent or warrant that any such communication will meet your expectations.
We not endorse or support any type of advice or communication discussed on the Services. No agency or fiduciary relationship is established between Gizer and any of its users.
In particular, we may collect the following types of information:
Directly from You. The information we collect through your use of the Services may include (i) information that you provide about yourself or others by using our Services, including information provided at the time of registering or subscribing to use our Services (such as username, password, email address, telephone number and other information that you add to your profile), posting material or requesting further Services; (ii) records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; (iii) your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and (iv) details of any transactions you carry out through the Services.
Additionally, should you choose to participate in certain gaming tournaments included in the Services, we will ask you to submit billing information or your PayPal username. To participate in such tournaments and to withdraw funds, we also require that you provide certain personal information. Your personal information is used to verify your identity when you withdraw cash from your account and by us and certain third-party service providers to monitor for fraudulent activity and verify that you can legally participate in such tournaments and withdraw funds. By providing personal information, you represent to us that it is accurate and complete, and agree to promptly update the information as necessary to ensure that your personal information remains current. If for any reason we suspect that you have provided inaccurate personal information, we reserve the right to terminate your access to the Services. You should carefully review our Terms of Service because they include an agreement from you to indemnify and hold harmless Gizer for any losses that results from providing any such inaccurate personal information.
Data Collected Automatically. We may automatically collect information about your use of the Services such as but not limited to: access time, device ID, application ID or other unique identifier; domain name, IP address, screen views; geolocation data (with your permission); language information; device name and model; operating system information; your activities within the Services; and the length of time that you are logged in.
Geo-location Data. We give you the option to share your location information from your mobile device and/or computer. We may determine location based on the location services of the applicable operating system or browser and information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. If you choose not to share your location information, these location Services will not function. Location information is used to place you in your Gizer community, enabling you to find and connect with local users and to enable them to find and connect you, and as explained below. You can revoke your consent by changing the settings or preferences on your device, and/or your computer, in your settings on the Gizer app, or by deleting Gizer from your device. If you do not want Gizer to use location information from your computer, you should also clear your browser history (where location information is stored). Be careful however, by clearing your browser history you might lose information. Please acknowledge that doing so is your own responsibility and Gizer will not be liable for any loss of data, including but not limited to website address and navigation information.
If you turn these location features on, we may collect your device's geolocation data and save your device's coordinates to offer certain features to you. We may also use your device's geolocation information to personalize the Services and make it easier for you to interact with other users. You can control your location information settings in your device’s settings screen and switch them off at your election. Even if you have disabled location services, we may still determine your city, state, and country location based on your IP address (but not your exact location).
Your Content and Usage. We collect any content you submit using the Services, information about the content, such as when you submitted it, and any metadata that is provided with the content.
Chat Communications. We provide user to user chat features that allow you to communicate privately with another Gizer user. When you privately communicate with others through the Services, we may store and process your communications, and information related to them. While features like user to user chat are intended to be private, please remember that recipients may copy, store, and re-share the contents of your communications. When you post information about yourself or use the messaging function, the amount of personal information you share is at your own risk and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. If you post anything inconsistent with our Terms of Service, we reserve the right to terminate your account.
Passive Data Collection. We or third parties collect information from you passively. We (and our vendors) use common collection techniques. We also collect analytics information from your device and app usage. We get information about you from third parties. Our business partners may give us information about you. Social media platforms may also give us information about you.
Links. We may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services, including our email notifications, third-party services, and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means.
Blockchain Information. Some of our Services are built on, or are directly integrated with, public record blockchains, such as the Ethereum network. Your use of our Services will be deemed to be your consent to the placement of information necessary to the proper functioning of our Services on all necessary Blockchains, both public and private.
Wallet Address Information. When a wallet is created through our Services, an encrypted wallet public key and private key pair is automatically generated and stored via our Services. When you enable notifications through your account settings, we will collect the unencrypted wallet public key in order to send such notifications. Under no circumstances will we collect an unencrypted private key from you.
How We Use Your Information
We pledge to use information we collect responsibly and appropriately, with the sole intention of providing the highest quality services. Some of the ways we use your information are:
- To place you in the right spot within the Gizer community. This allows you to view content like tournaments and services based on your current interests and location.
- To enable you to find and connect with other users in your proximity, and for them to find and connect with you.
- To tag your posts with city-level location information. This helps promote content you’ve posted to nearby users.
- To personalize the information that we may send or display to you, including but not limited to, push notifications and alerts.
- To send you announcements about upcoming events, newly posted services, or other matters that may be specific to your location and/or interests.
- To display advertising, including advertising that is targeted to you based on your location, as well as your Gizer activities.
- To verify your identity and prevent impersonation, spam or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Services and respond to user needs and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
Following termination or deactivation of an account, we may retain information and content for backup, archival, audit or other business purposes, or otherwise in accordance with applicable laws. We may maintain anonymized, de-identified or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. If you have any questions about data retention or deletion, please email [email protected]
For information about how you can opt out of certain uses of your information, see “Your Choices About Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information” below.
How We Share Information
The Information we collect will not be used to identify you personally to any third parties for their own marketing or promotional purposes. Information we collect may be shared as follows:
- With Gizer Users. Any information that you post to Gizer’s activity feed, or content you create, may be shared with other users and potentially the public at large, depending on the type of feature that you are using. For example, any posts on Gizer activity feed are available to all other users and may be publicly distributed and any status you post can be used to search for users with that information. Any content that you send directly to another user will be shared with that user. Users can freely save or re-share any Gizer content on and off our Services. Don’t post content or send messages you wouldn’t want others to save or share. In addition, your last proximate location along with your profile image and status may be shared.
- With Service Providers. We may disclose information we collect to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents. Information shared will be used to verify certain aspects of your transaction, including but not limited to, identity and payments.
- During Business Transfers. We may transfer the information we have collected to another company in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business.
- With Third Parties and Business Partners. We may share aggregate information with our third party partners, including advertisers and researchers. For example, if you post content that mentions one of our advertisers, we may share that content with them. Or, we may work with a researcher to analyze the content on a particular feed.
- In compliance with laws. We may disclose information in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process. For example, we may share your IP address or other identifier, your location information, or any other information we have collected about you and your device.
- Improvements to the platform. We may disclose information to service providers contracted to work on Gizer’s behalf. Services provided may range from web hosting, platform maintenance, security services, data analysis or general assistance in the improvement of the Gizer platform. Improvements can include but are not limited to, the creation of new features or services, or enhanced functionality for existing features. We require that our service providers work in compliance with this Policy, and use the information we provide solely for the purposes for which the information is provided.
- To Enforce our Rights. We also may disclose information if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which Gizer is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may also share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. For example, we may share the number of events created in one day on Gizer with a third party team. Aggregated information will be shared at Gizer’s discretion and will never identify users personally.
Inviting Contacts. You can choose to share Gizer with others by selecting “Invite Friends” which allows you to invite contacts via email, text or other social methods. You choose which contacts to invite and when to invite them. If you invite a contact, we will generate a message with the Gizer download URL included, which you can choose to send via your mobile device.
Third Party Sites. While on the Gizer platform, you may encounter links to third party websites. Gizer is not responsible for these sites, and has no liability or legal responsibility for the conduct of these sites with regards to privacy and legal matters. This Policy applies only to information collected by Gizer, or information collected by a third party contracted on behalf of Gizer.
Push Notifications/Announcements. We may send push notifications or announcements to your device. You can disable these messages at any time by changing your Gizer notification settings or the notification settings on your device.
Control Over Your information
You can manage the content and information you share.
Gizer will store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services.
You can delete your account any time. When you delete your account, we delete all content associated with your account, such as your events, messages, settings, and personal information.
You can delete individual pieces of content you have posted on Gizer at any time. Content you delete will be removed from our Services and not displayed to other users. Gizer may maintain a copy of your content in our records.
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Service pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Service. Users can also use the connections feature to find one another based on their usernames, locations, or interests.
Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Service are only private to the extent that both you and the person you are communicating with keep them private. For example, if you send a message to another user, that user may choose to publicly post it.
Third Party Accounts
If you have registered with Gizer using a third party social media platform, such as Facebook or Twitter, your Gizer profile will be available to all users of Gizer whether via our Services or our partners' sites and services.
When accessing Gizer via a third party, you are also giving them personal information. We highly encourage you to read their privacy policies as Gizer does not control how third parties use their information.
We only use the APIs, OAuth Tokens, Widgets, or other means provided by the applicable Social Media Account to integrate your Social Media Account with our App. As such, we only receive the limited information that each Social Media Account permits to be transferred
Third Party Data Analytics. We may use automated devices and applications, including those offered by third parties to evaluate usage of our Services. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance and user experiences. The information collected may include unique device identifiers, device manufacturer and operating system, IP address, browser type, session start/stop time, and user activity.
Third Party Links. Our Services may contain third party links, including third party integrations. Any access to and use of such links or third-party integrations is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other third-party sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on all such third-party services.
Third Party Ads. We may display ads to you (including in-app ads), and we may target those ads based on your location, your Gizer interests, and other applicable criteria. We do not currently respond to do-not-track signals that may be sent from your device. For more information about interest-based ads, including how to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
Service Providers. We may rely on third party providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through the Services. We may also rely on third party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Services, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Services, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third-party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third-party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Services. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party.
Your Choices About Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes as provided herein, you can opt-out by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotional Offers. If you do not want us to use your email address or contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services as provided herein, you can opt-out by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences as provided herein, you can opt-out by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]
Where Information is Processed
We may process your information in the United States and other countries. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to the United States. and other countries. The laws of the United States and other countries governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live. Your information may be made available to government or law enforcement requests.
Users Outside the United States
If you are visiting our Services from outside the United States, please be aware that you are sending information to the United States (where our servers are located). That information may then be transferred within the United States or back out of the United States to other countries outside of your country of residence, depending on the type of information and how it is stored by us. These countries (including the United States) may not necessarily have data protection laws as comprehensive or protective as those in your country of residence; however, our collection, storage and use of your personal data will at all times continue to be governed by this Policy.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any information you provide to us through your use of the Services will be encrypted using industry standard technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]
If you have a complaint or question about this Policy and our privacy practices, please email us at [email protected]
We reserve the right, at any time, to add to, change, update, or modify this Policy, simply by posting such change, update, or modification on the Website and/or the App and without any other notice to you. Any such change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on the Website and/or the App. If any changes are made to this Policy, we will reflect the “Last Modified” date below. It is your responsibility to review this Policy from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms.
Last Modified: July 15, 2017